Rig Audit, Inspection and Commissioning Services
Rig inspections, also known as rig audits, are conducted on drilling assets for both drilling contractors and drilling operators to assess the condition of an asset. Inspections are conducted to industry standards, such as API, as well as to specific client requirements. Rig-commissioning services involve ensuring that rig machinery and equipment are functioning properly and are in accordance with the clients requirements.
Lloyds British Egypt solution
highly experienced and multi-skilled personnel provide high-quality rig inspections and rig-commissioning services in the oil and gas industry. Our efficient approach enables us to reduce the number of personnel required to complete an inspection program resulting in real cost savings. Prior to each project, tailored work- scopes are prepared in accordance with the clients requirements and the type of asset being inspected (land rig, jack-up, semi-sub, drillship, etc.). This focused work-scope helps to reduce the amount of time required onsite.
Lloyds British Egypt’s clients can be confident that all our rig inspections and commissioning services are undertaken professionally and in accordance with the relevant standards because all inspection personnel have prior supervisory-level experience on drilling assets as well as mechanical and electrical backgrounds. The high level of experience and expertise in our teams enables the rapid and accurate identification of non- conforming issues and suitable corrective action to be proposed.
Rig inspection, auditing and commissioning reports are available for viewing at any time via our dedicated online reporting portal. The detailed reports include categorized observations and recommendations (critical, major and minor) that help clients to priorities corrective measures required. The rig-inspection reports also detail the rigs
operational status or readiness, depending on the nature of the inspection.
Rig inspection and commissioning are critical to the oil and gas industry.
Rig inspections can be carried out both before hire of a drilling asset and during the contract. A pre-hire rig inspection/audit is aimed at assessing the condition and suitability of the asset for a drilling contract. During the contract, rig inspections assess both the operational condition of the asset and its compliance with the terms of the contract. Inspections can be conducted by either the owner or operator of a drilling asset.
Rig-commissioning services are conducted prior to equipment entering service. This may be at the end of construction or during major overhauls and five-yearly inspections.
Key customer benefits
First and foremost, by engaging Lloyds British Egypt rig-inspection, auditing and commissioning services, clients limit their operations health, safety and environmental risks. Other benefits include:
● Avoidance of unnecessary accidents, reducing damage to personnel, equipment or the environment
● Early detection of problems with equipment or systems or discrepancies in meeting the required specifications, thus preventing project delays and avoiding start-up problems
● Identification of equipment carrying a risk of explosion that is unsafe for the area in which it has been installed
● Identification of equipment that is due for major overhaul/recertification or for which certification has already expired
● Identification and rectification of all potential problems prior to the installation leaving the shipyard
● Avoidance of costly guarantee claims for asset owners when expensive corrective action is required at an offshore location
● Avoidance of costly downtime as a result of equipment failure